Growing up I loved Rice Krispie squares, my kids loved them and no doubt in a few years my grandkids will love them. I have created several variations on the theme and hungerly looking for more. The variation I tried first was adding 1/2C peanut butter. Not to bad, that added an additional flavor. Like many folks chocolate is never turned down, why not add some chocolate.
Variation 2, 1/2 regualr Rice Krispies and 1/2 Cocoa Krispies. Hey, that's not bad. Very easy, just replace 1/2 of the Rice Krispies with Cocoa Krispies.
Variation 3 let's kick it up a notch! To variation 2 add the 1/2 C peanut butter. WOW! This tastes a lot like these Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Sweet! Will I ever be able to top this?!
Variation 4,This is the last one that I have tried. Go with all Cocoa Krispies and add about 1 teaspoon of Raspberry extract to you marshmallow mixture. Nice.
That's what I have tried so far. Not sure where to go from here. My younger son suggested orange extract. May try adding food coloring for various holidays. Regular with green at St. Patrick's day, maybe orange at Halloween.
To create a mottled look I might try 2 - 1/2 batches and mix clumps of each while they are warm, could be interesting.
Anyone else have any favorites or suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment